Thursday, February 11, 2010

READING - ESCAPE INTO A NEW WORLD


I took a short break from Writing Teen Voice to put up this wonderful photograph Robin Graf Prehn took of her daughter reading in a box.

The charm of Robin's young daughter climbing into a box to read speaks volumes to me of the work we do to create new worlds for readers. It also reminds me of the youngest years of my life when I would hide under, behind, and inside of almost anything!, to feel the security of my own created world.

Does this photo remind anyone else of the reading or writing of new worlds to dwell within?

4 comments:

gae polisner said...

I love this, Randy. Thanks. It's a nice reminder of the care we should take when crafting our books.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of hours spent in bed, in favorite chairs, on balconies...anywhere all by myself in a world of books.

Kathy McCullough said...

What a great photo! Inspiring. I love when my nephew is so buried in a book he ignores me (not so happy when it's TV though). And I love Gae's comment too: very true...

Terry Stonecrop said...

This photo transports me back to childhood, when I used to climb the old pear tree in our backyard to read.

Lovely, Randy. And beautiful child.